Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Best of the British LFW Fall/Winter 2012 Round-Up

This season was so hard to choose because all the shows had unique inspirations and designs, but I narrowed it down to my top 8 choices as usual. I think they are stepping it up this year because of the 2012 London Summer Olympics are happening, but who know, as long as LFW stays amazing, i really don't care. and here we are... the best of the British!

1) Burberry Prorsum
This first show I ever watched online was Burberry Prorsum at Style.com and it didn't disappoint. Owls and dogs are in this season and Burberry has proved it with a wide variety of looks displaying owls made out of jewels and dog screen prints. The leather snakeskin studded gloves and bow belts were flawless. The coats as usual were constructed beautifully. And the finale. Just close your eyes and let me describe the scene to you. As the models walked single file down the runway, all carrying umbrellas, snow poured from the ceiling, and since the show took place in a greenhouse type of venue, water poured down the sides as if it was raining. honestly go to youtube right now and watch it, it was amazing! Pure love right there.


 2) Erdem
Hate me on this, but Erdem has never been in the spotlight for putting out the best shows. But this one was amazing, the lace and how it was layered over everything was so breathtaking. Although I thought the looks itself lacked some creativity and originality, there were a lot of pretty pieces that I would love to have. To bad it costs a pretty pricey penny, or else everything would be in my closet in a heartbeat.



3) Christopher Kane
Mr. Kane took my break away when I saw his first collection, Spring/Summer 2007 when he first came into the fashion spotlight. After being taken under the wing by Donatella Versace, he has flourished into a M-A-J-O-R designer. THis season had crisp and sean lines. Slouchy silhouettes were perfect for the fall/winter season. I also think he really likes flowers...lol. It was in his Spring/Summer 2012 collection and how we see it again, maybe he will become the King of Flowers? haha..we will just have to see :)




4) Matthew Williamson
I can't say I love a collection more than this one. Multicolored fur and gold pants <3 Its really true that Williamson has good taste and he has proved it in another season again. A ton of glamour. His dresses are the best, and he should stick to it. This collection did look a little futuristic (almost resort-ish) but it was in a prefect way. BRAVO!



5) Holly Fulton
A lot of people have mastered the art of print mixing, but Holly does it like no other. With a fun, young twist to it. The theme this season was 'passion.' She has been known for her signature art-deco prints but I haven't been a fan until now. Easy does it in the fashion world and Holly's simple cut garnets and designs make me give her a big fat A+.


6) Stella McCartney
Not the typical fashion runway show, but it was a star studded dinner. For showing in London for the first time, McCartney put on one heck of a presentation. Magic shows and model flash mobs were all present, apparently it would go down in history, wish i was there :(


7) Mary Katrantzou
This show was filled with different silhouette than i am used to seeing from her. It was good because it was something different. A lot of flowy chiffon fabric was included, and that was my favorite part :) I always find her collections amusing (in a good way) because from far away, it looks like a beautiful dress, but close up unusual objects would be hidden in the fabric such as hedges, phones, and even teacups. Every look in this collection had a either blue, green, tan, black/white color scheme which i loveeedd and thought was brilliant.

click picture above for a surprise :)

8) McQ
McQ is a new part of the Alexander McQueen line aimed towards younger people and at more affordable prices (still expensive though). This was the first runway show and creative director, Sarah Burton, left the audience in shock. The tailoring was obviously impeccable. The set itself was a little weird when I first saw it. But up closely, i didn't realize that it was a bunch of autumn leaves. The multi-colored flower dresses were amazing, yet they still had the McQueen trademark: the darkness and mystery of the look. It would be higher on my list, but I didn't feel like it was a complete collection because the beauty aspect (hair and makeup) wasn't impressive or unique. But to end on a a good note, the show definitely made me want more.


Sorry this took a while to put up because of a research paper that I was scrambling to do at the last minuite. Leave your comments below, message me, or email me your thoughts on this Fall/Winter 2012 Season! 
xoxo,
Estelle

No comments:

Post a Comment